Send us news, start your message Cheshire News and your send photos and videos to 80360
We launch our Christmas Toy Appeal
12:00pm Saturday 10th November 2012 in News
WITH Christmas less than eight weeks away, the Warrington Guardian has teamed up with BiG Storage to launch our annual toy appeal.
Last year’s appeal had a record breaking finish with more gifts donated than ever before.
And this year we want to do even better Paul Fahey from BiG Storage, said: “So often when we support charitable causes we know that our donations make a difference, but not necessarily how.
“If you donate to the Christmas Toy Appeal your charitable and generous act will, on Christmas Day, bring happiness to a child who otherwise, for a wide variety of reasons, may have very little joy in their lives.”
Nicola Priest, Warrington Guardian editor, said: “We are very proud to again be involved in this campaign.
“To be able to help a child at Christmas is a tremendous honour and we know our readers will donate in their hundreds again this year.”
The charities which will benefit from the appeal are: l The NSPCC based in Warrington, who help against cruelty to children.
- The Children’s Adventure Farm Trust, based in Millington near Lymm, provide holidays and activities for terminally ill, chronically sick, disabled and disadvantaged children.
- Jacobs Unique Memory Pot (J-U-M-P), based in Warrington, provide a personalised professional photography service to capture special images for children.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), an independent charity which allows families to stay close to children in hospital.
- St Joseph’s Family Centre, on Museum Street, who offer a wide range of services in the Warrington area.
- Grangeway Court Homeless Lodge in Runcorn.
- St Katherine’s Contact Centre who support families across Warrington and provide a centre where children who are not able to live with their birth families, for a variety of reasons, come to see their families each week and spend time with them.
Toys can be dropped off at BiG Storage, Manchester Road, Woolston from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm, and Sundays 10am to 2pm.
Gullivers World, Camp Road, Warrington and Warrington Wolves Foundation, The Halliwell Jones Stadium from Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm.
Comments are closed on this article.